We are the national organisation representing all hospice services in New Zealand, we don’t have a “head office” role as all of our hospice members are independently governed and managed at a local level. We work in partnership with all member services to ensure people needing end of life hospice care are well supported. We are a small and dedicated team based in Wellington. You can meet the team here.
To lead and support the hospice movement in New Zealand, working to ensure equality of access and consistent delivery of palliative and end of life care for New Zealanders.
Our strategic role:
- championing high quality palliative and end of life care for all New Zealanders
- highlighting inequity and areas of unmet need
- being the voice for people who are missing out
Supporting the Hospice community:
- creating relationships locally, regionally and internationally
- supporting belonging and togetherness
- being the guardians of hospice philosophy, standards and outcomes
Providing thought leadership:
- coordinating the collection of data and other information to support future thinking
- identifying and highlighting trends, responses and innovations
- setting direction and strategy for the sector
- representing the interests of members with Government Ministers and Ministries
- seeking and securing sustainable community & Crown funding
- engaging with the public on matters relating to death, dying and end of life care
- Extending the provision of palliative care services – a wider range of people in a wider range of places receive hospice services and support.
- A transparent, equitable and sustainable funding model is developed and applied across the sector.
- Enhancing value for members – take leadership nationally on a diverse range of issues.
- Create, extend and enhance community relationships – enabling powerful and collaborative relationships with community.