House of Travel and Hospice NZ have been national partners for fifteen years – it’s an association which goes from strength to strength, and of which we are very proud. During this time, House of Travel stores throughout the country have raised over $1.8 million to support the work of hospice, while also raising awareness of our services in the community.
Recent highlights have included teams from House of Travel stores:
- Hosting ‘Armchair Travel’ sessions – whisking patients, caregivers and volunteers away to foreign countries and places of interest with stories and photos – truly encapsulating ‘living every moment’
- Organising, sponsoring and attending fundraising events such as quiz nights, movie screenings, sports tournaments and book fairs – with some even baring their legs in support of ‘Shorts for Hospice’ day
- Sponsoring hospice running costs such as nurses cars and art therapy supplies, and providing use of their facilities for special hospice events and meetings
- Generously volunteering their time to support a wide range of initiatives including street collections, Trees of Remembrance and Christmas gift wrapping stands
- Creating memorable experiences for patients participating in a ‘living well’ programme
- Promoting Hospice Awareness Week in-store, online and via social media
- Sharing their business knowledge, expertise and contacts with fundraising teams and volunteers
- Engaging their customers with the work of hospice
- Collecting and donating second hand clothing to their local hospice shops, and encouraging their customers to do the same.
This year, we were especially proud to recognise the commitment of the team from House of Travel Stephen Parsons (pictured above with Totara Hospice Youth Ambassador, Fangafua Telesia Pooi) whose tireless support of Arohanui Hospice was celebrated at the House of Travel awards.
It is the dedication and energy of people such as this that highlights the tremendous difference this special partnership makes across the country.