Applications now open
Hospice NZ is committed to growing leaders in hospice palliative care. Thanks to the ongoing support and generosity of our national partner BNI New Zealand we are delighted to offer study scholarships for 2020.
The scholarships are focused on supporting the professional development of psychosocial and allied health staff employed by hospices who are members of Hospice NZ.Scholarship applicants must show the relevance of their chosen study to their psychosocial/allied health role and ongoing professional development needs within hospice palliative care.
The scholarships will cover tuition/ course fees up to $1000 for postgraduate study provided by an accredited institution. Applications for larger course fee costs will be judged on a case by case basis.
Applications meeting the criteria will be considered by the Hospice NZ education committee.
Criteria & conditions
- All expenses outside tuition/course fees related to the study are the recipient’s responsibility.
- Scholarships will be paid direct to the member hospice or student upon evidence of payment and enrolment.
- Each scholarship is available for study undertaken from 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2020 and must only be used for the approved course of study.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- If you are eligible to apply for Health Workforce NZ/ CTA funding via a DHB you must do so before applying for a BNI scholarship for this course of study,
- Applicants must complete all sections of the scholarship application form; and include the supporting material listed.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the BNI Palliative Care Scholarship Application Form 2020 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5pm on Friday 29 November, 2019.
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 29 November 2019.
Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 13 December 2019.
We will then require written confirmation and formal acceptance by Friday 10 January 2020.